Monday, January 19, 2015

This week a year ago...

Well, it wasn't the best week of my life 12 months ago but it can't be said that I'll shirk my patriotic responsibility. Australia Day is a unique opportunity for me to indulge in a little decorating, and you know how I love a good tablescape!

I'm not the "Aussie flag waving, southern-cross-tattooed chest beating" kinda girl but I do like celebrating what is beautiful about where we live. When I think of Oz, I envisage the beautiful, delightfully naff things we have produced over the years. The iconic Aussie images from the 50's and 60's.

This is how I decorated the table last year, perhaps it will help inspire you to use a few of those iconic, truely Aussie designs from yesteryear.

 

So, grab some vintage table linens from the op shop, pull out grandma's old Johnson crockery, turn on The Hottest 100, pour yourself a good South Australian red and have a great Australia Day with your family and mates.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment