Monday, January 12, 2015

Ugh...school book lists.

I was going to be organised this year. I was going to order the school books week ahead of time. It was going to be a great idea seeing as number 2 was due in December. Well, that all went down the tube when he was 3 weeks early and the cutoff date for ordering was 2 days after he was born.

No worries, right? I can just go to the shops and do it my self. Sure. Sounds like a bloody fairytale...not so.

 

I frikken hate doing the book list shopping. I hate everything about the annual experience. I don't remember it being so awful when I was a kid. I don't remember the thousands of other families tussling over the last feint ruled exercise book. I don't remember the plethora of unwashed toddlers upending the stack of modelling clay whilst their older sister throws a tantrum because there are no more Frozen lunch packs left.

Ugh. I mean....kill me. The giant stationery store with a 7 year old, the baby in a pram and my mum. It wasn't pretty.

I promise next year I will try harder. Someone remind me of that in 10 or so months

Don't get me wrong, though...I love shopping for stationery supplies. In fact, it's on my Top 10 list of stuff to do. I love the smell of a fresh packet of HB's, I can't walk past the fancy erasers without slipping one into the shopping basket. I rocked Lisa Frank pretty hard in my school days. I should probably have a separate room just for Sharpies.

And once those book, felt pens and folders are home I'm in my element. Covering, labelling, packing and stacking like a boss.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment